Monday, October 15, 2007

The Missing Seven Years: Shipping Out

After John Paul Nordneg Jr ate his breakfast with his mom, Lydia, he kissed her and raced home to pack. When he arrived at his driveway he noticed that his fiancee's black Lipter Class-D90 truck, his father's first invention for the public. John very quietly pulled in the driveway, hopped out of his own truck, and sneaked in their twelve story mansion.
He could hear her singing, "She Don't Use Jelly" by The Flaming Lips, so he followed her voice to their bedroom. Once he found her John just stood in the doorway, and watched her pack her suitcase.

"Going somewhere sexy?" John asked, knowing that Ashley wouldn't jump.

"OH MY GOD JOHN, WHAT THE FUCK?!?" Ash yelled.

Trying not to laugh John said, "Oh baby, I'm sorry. I thought you knew that I was here b/c you're a Betazoid."

"Oh I see, I'm sorry too. My senses are acting up. Probably because I'm nervous about being your first officer on this seven year mission."

"Aaaaaawwwwww hon why are you nervous?"

"I'm your fiancee, won't your crew be standoffish towards me?"

"Oh geez no, they adore you."

"Really?" Ash asked.

"Yes baby. Now that's settled I'll help you finish up here." John said.

"Ok. Go through our closet and see if there's anything that I might have missed."

"Ok."

John went to the closet and pushed the Scan and Retrieve button. After five minutes a roll of film came popping up. John looked it over and found a hollow graphic disc message attached to it. So John set the disc on the floor. His father popped out of it.

"Dad?"

Ash looked and walked over to her fiancee.

"Oh good you're both there, just listen to me. I assume you guys found the roll of film that I hid in your closet. On the film there is alot of information on it; everything from the best course to Kronos, to the layout of the Klingon's ships and Kronos itself. I anticipated that the Klingons would seek revenge for my nuking the Bushe family. So use the information wisely. I love you all. Over and out." After the message played, John's father disappeared.

Ash kissed her love and grabbed the film, "I'll go transfer this to an information chip and teleport it to the ship."

"I see your senses unscrambled." John chuckled.

Ash just winked at him and walked off.

John finished packing and teleported with Ash to the USS JOASH.

After getting settled on the ship, John went on the bridge and started their mission.

"Lieutenant Seraw, Send a sub space message to Werf saying we're on our way to nuke his fucking fleet!"

"Yes Captain."

"Commander Delta, warp ten please."

"Si Captain"

Two minutes later Werf received the message, and growled. "Ppeerrffeecctt!"

9 comments:

Pen said...

It's pretty interesting how you merge popular culture and present day culture and language with the futuristic view of the whole Star Trek story line. Nice job with the prompt this week. :o)

Computer Whiz said...

tyvm-it was hard b/c i kept gett9ing stuck on how to tie in the first story with this one

gautami tripathy said...

Interestng post! enjoyed reading it.

Computer Whiz said...

ty

~willow~ said...

I like that you tied it in with last week's post,,, so maybe we'll slowly find out what happened between the departure and the crash, eh? :-)

Care to guess what's on "my" roll of film? ;-)

Computer Whiz said...

If the fiction friday prompts keep relating to my story-then u will

Anonymous said...

As others have said, nicely done. I can't wait to see what happens next. Hopefully the prompt next week will allow you room to work.

paisley said...

i just want to know if you are wearing a little replica star trek uniform when you are writing this!!!! this is great!!!!

Computer Whiz said...

square1-tyvm-i hope next week's prompt leaves me room to work too-but i'm sure it will

paisley-ty-no i'm not-i've watched tng alot-so i'm just taking bits&pieces from that show-while mixing modern day issues, tools&people