Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Lost Son

As the forty five year old mother hugged her son just before he went to Kronos the Klingon home world, Lydia whispered.

"I'm not one for sentimental endings. Not this time."

John Paul Nordneg Jr. just sighed, "Mom, I'll be just fine. Dad, god rest his soul, taught me every trick he created."

"Yeah well those tricks didn't keep him alive now did they!" she snapped and walked into the kitchen to cook breakfast.

John went in the kitchen to help his mom. "No, they didn't but that was ten years ago. This is 2034. A new era. Thanks to father the entire Bushe family got nuked; every body thought they were human, but then they all turned into Klingons. Unfortunately that caused WWV but Dad won that war."

Lydia chuckled. "Yeah. He did. Remember the plane his fleet made him?"

"Oh the CP 500?"

"Yeah. That one. He loved it because it fit around his wheelchair."

"See why I'm going mom? In honor of my father, Captain John Paul Nordneg Sr."

Setting their plates of food on the table, Lydia said. "I do. I just don't want to lose you too. Loosing your father was devastating."

"I know Mom, but like I said, that was ten years ago."

"God, you're definitely your father's son, you're stubborn. Fine. Go fight WWIII on Kronos, just be careful."

"I'll try Mom, I'll try."

Seven years later John got shot down, and died on impact when his plane crashed into a mountain on Kronos...

12 comments:

paisley said...

boom... just like that... and i was wondering what great feats he would accomplish!!!!!!

Computer Whiz said...

LOL. Yeah. I would've added more, but I didn't know if any one would read it if it was to long; and I didn't know if blood, guts, and sex were allowed.

~willow~ said...

but but but what about those 7 years on Kronos before he crashed?! All those missing years... you tease! LoL!

Merrie Destefano said...

Great sci-fi fun! I really enjoyed your post--
:)
Merrie

Computer Whiz said...

Thanks

gautami tripathy said...

The story has very good elements. It should be developed further!

Computer Whiz said...

Thanks

Jo said...

An enjoyable read.....klingons indeed (I could think of other names for them).

Computer Whiz said...

Finally some one got the subtle Bush mention-LOL

Pen said...

I agree with gautami tripathy... this story has a lot of great elements that should be developed. This story has a lot of real potential.

Anonymous said...

Poor Mom!

Computer Whiz said...

LOL...I know